ABOUT THE BIBLE
The Bible is the sole authority in everything we do. We believe that it came from God, and because of that, we strive to live and worship by its commands, as well as rejecting all human creeds (Galatians 1:8-9; Revelation 22:18-19).
BECOMING A CHRISTIAN
We believe that there’s nothing man can do to earn God’s salvation (Ephesians 2:9). If we had a million years on earth, we could never earn salvation through our good deeds. But Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” We couldn’t earn salvation, so God gave the greatest gift ever given: Jesus Christ, His Son. That is the grace of God. That grace is what allows us to be saved (Ephesians 2:8).
However, the Bible gives us five “steps of salvation,” conditions God has told us we must meet before we can accept His gift of grace.
- Hear the Word (Romans 10:17).
- Believe that Jesus is the Son of God (John 8:24).
- Repent (turn away from) sins and strive to be like Jesus (Acts 2:38).
- Confess that you believe that Jesus Christ in the Son of God (Romans 10:9-10).
- Be baptized in water (1 Peter 3:21).
If you are interested in learning more about what the Bible says about salvation, feel free to request a Bible study. We’d love to study with you!
We believe that there are five different “acts of worship” given in the Bible. Because of that, every Sunday in our worship assembly, we perform all five:
- We sing (Eph. 5:19; Col. 3:16).
- We pray (1 Tim. 2:8).
- We take the Lord’s Supper (Acts 20:7).
- We give (1 Cor. 16:2).
- We preach/study (Acts 20:7; Rom. 10:14).